Thursday, November 20, 2008

7 Random Bookish Things

The rules are:

Link to the person who tagged you and post the rules on your blog.Share seven random and/or weird book facts about yourself.Tag seven random people at the end of your post, and include links to their blogs. Let each person know that they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

Ok, so seven random bookish thing about me:

1. I'm pretty messy with my books right now. Most are still in totes, until I can figure out what to do with them. That results in buying duplicates many times.

2. Hate to say it, but I think I'm pretty slow at reading. It's not that I read slow, but I take forever on books because I have to have complete silence to read. I wish I was one of those people that can just tune out the world and read anywhere. When I try that, I start reading what I hear around me. That's why my number of books read is always so much lower than alot of people.

3. I also like to use a bookcover for my paperbacks, so people don't see what I'm reading if it's smutty. lol Plus it keeps the books in better shape.

4. Like Wendy, I almost always have to read the book before I see the movie, or it ruins it for me. Most movies don't do the books justice, but I think the HP ones are great and also The Green Mile was wonderful! I still want to see P.S. I Love You, but have to read the book first. I love V.C. Andrews books, but the movie Flowers In The Attic was awful.

5. I cannot stand loose pages or covers. It makes me want to pick at them and rip them more. It's like a sickness. lol

6. I'm a weirdo and love to get books as presents, which isn't the weird part, but I like when people give me books that reminds them of me or reminds me of them, even if I don't like the book. It's fun to see what people think and how it relates to me/them. Pam told me a book to read because she said I acted like the character. I also love when people sign them and write something so I can look back at it from time to time. I'm a huge geek this way and when I get them, no matter what the book, I always keep them.

7. Again, like Wendy, I like to read the bios, acknowledgements, and things about other books at the end. I also love autographed books:)

Ok Im tagging:

Carol (RB to me)The Crazy Cat
Missy Riverside Dreaming
Pam Tomato Preserves
Jennifer Crazy for Books
Jessie love+love=marriage
And I can't think of two more that haven't been tagged already!

2 comments:

Minding Spot said...

I won't go see the movie P.S. I Love you because I cried so much reading the book!

I agree with you on the bookcover too! I'd be lost without mine. I just wish they made one for trade-size!!

Minding Spot said...

I tagged you with a butterfly award :)